This is a website of the project "Hesitant bodies: phenomenological analysis of the embodied experience of vaccine hesitancy", which is implemented by the University of Latvia Institute of Philosophy and Sociology in the framework of the Latvian Council of Sciences program Fundamental and applied research projects. Read more about the project here.
Have you made a decision not to vaccinate or you hesitate to get a vaccine? Are you against vaccination or are hesitant? Then maybe you would like to share your experience in our research project. During an about hour long conversation we would be happy to hear about your experience regarding vaccination and what it means for you to live as an unvaccinated person.
If you are at least 18 years old, you freely communicate in Latvian and you are interested in participation in this research project, or you have questions about your potential participation in the research project, please write to our email email@example.com.
Information about the project you can also find here in the 'About' section of our website. Our project has also a Facebook page.
- Conference: International Conference on Medical HumanitiesOur team member Uldis Vēgners participated at the 'International Conference on Medical Humanities', organised by University of London in Birckbeck / Online, UK from 11 to 12 March, 2022. During the conference Uldis Vēgners gave a presentation 'Hesitant Bodies: Phenomenological Analysis of the Embodied Experience of Covid-19 Vaccine Hesitancy'. Link to the conference home page: https://medhumconf.lcir.co.uk Program: Download pdf file
- Conference: Vaccines and Vaccination During and Post Covid PandemicsOur team member Uldis Vēgners participated at the international scientific conference 'Vaccines and Vaccination During and Post Covid Pandemics', organised by Rīga Stradiņš University (Riga, Latvia) from 7 to 9 December, 2022, online. During the conference Uldis Vēgners gave a presentation 'Hesitant Bodies: Phenomenological Analysis of the Embodied Experience of Covid-19 Vaccine Hesitancy'. Program: https://www.rsu.lv/en/vac-vac-2022
- Courses: Managing Challenging InterviewsOn 29 and 30 November 2022 project team members Uldis Vēgners and Andrejs Balodis participated at an online course 'Managing Challenging Interviews – Online', organised by the Social Research Association (UK).
- Conference: Eco-Imagination for a Sustainable FutureOur team member Maija Kūle participated at the 66th International Congress of Phenomenology 'Eco-Imagination for a Sustainable Future', organised by the World Phenomenology Institute and IULM University (Milan, Italy) from 27 to 29 October, 2022, in Milan (Italy). Maija Kūle was one of the members of scientific committee, chaired a session 'Ecology', and gave a plenary lecture 'Development of Eco-phenomenology as the Philosophy of Imaginatio Creatrix'. Program: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/61fc317a001a71712c19193d/t/634a219f461c9a5780d090ac/1665802657488/Milan-2022-Program+001.pdf
Read more “Konference: Eco-Imagination for a Sustainable Future“
- Conference: Phenomenology and HistoryOur team member Uldis Vēgners participated at the 7th Annual Conference of the Central and East European Society for Phenomenology 'Phenomenology and the Sciences', organised by the Central and East European Society for Phenomenology and the University of Padua (Padua, Italy) from 13 to 15 September, 2022, in Padua (Italy). During the conference Uldis Vēgners gave an online presentation 'Phenomenology of public health sciences? A case of vaccine hesitancy'. Program: https://ceesp.org/module/event/view.php?id=100602